New from Mitsubishi is the FR-A800 Frequency Inverter which has been designed for unparalleled drive precision, speed control, simple start-up, and versatility. The Mitsubishi FR-A800 is a new generation of drive technology.
Mitsubishi’s FR-A800 has some outstanding features which include the integrated high level PLC, USB port for programming and parameter copying, an-easy to-read control panel, optimum power usage and energy saving functions, improved system safety, three expansion slots for a range of option and supported network card.
The FR-A800 Series is fully backwards compatible with the FR-A700 series and its parameters can be easily copied by FR Configurator2. In order to match the former machine response time, the input/output signals of the FR-A800 can be delayed.
The FR-A800 series has some powerful features and intelligent functions which include a two channel emergency stop for safe shutdown. This ensures safe operation in compliance with the European Machinery Directive without installation of another contactor. The FR-A800 thus conforms to the EN ISO13849-1/PLd cat. 3, EN 61508 and EN 61800-5-2 SIL2 standards.
The operation panel with the one touch Digital Dial allows direct access to all important parameters. The FR-A800 series also allows the connection of a Mitsubishi Electric graphical operation terminal (GOT). Communication parameters for the HMI connection are automatically set as a batch.
The FR-A800 has a built in EMC filter which ensures full compliance with European EMC Directive standards (EN 61800-3 2nd environment category C3), so separate certification is not required for the drive. To suit your application, take advantage of the energy saving function, the impressive savings can be displayed on the energy monitor. With an estimated lifespan of 10 years, the cooling fans and built in capacitors can be further extended by using the ON/OFF control function
The FR-A800 can be controlled and monitored by a controller via network. Communication options are available for the major network protocols such as CC-Link IE Field, CC-Link, Profibus DP/DPV1, Profinet/Ether- Net IP/EtherCat (to be released soon) and SSCNETIII/H as well as DeviceNet™ and LONWORKS. RS485 communication (Mitsubishi Electric drive protocol, Modbus-RTU protocol) is supported as standard.
- High Speed Response: With a speed response of 50Hz, A800 to respond to a change in motor load. A800 reacts to a speed signal much faster too – between 2 to 3 ms as opposed to 5 to 20 ms with A700.
- Wide Speed Range: 200:1 speed range open loop, 1500:1 closed loop speed range.
- Extended Maximum Speed: A standard A800 VFD can drive high speed motors at up to 590Hz, compared to the A700’s 400Hz.
- IPM Motor Control: Standard A800 VFDs can drive the new generation IPM (Internal Permanent Magnet) motors, such as the Marathon ‘SyMAX’ series.
- Safety Stop: A800 is a SAFETY drive. “STO” capability enables SIL2 / PLd category emergency stops.
- Compatible with USB stick: VFD settings can be easily uploaded or downloaded and ‘black box’ operating data at the time of a drive trip can be copied for diagnosis using the FR-Configurator software.
- GOT interface: Automatic connectivity to GOT 2000 series GOTs without the need to change any parameters.
- Improved PLC: A800 has a new internal PLC based around the Mitsubishi ‘L series’ processor. Instructions in the form of ‘Function Blocks’ can now be used.
- Conformal Coating: All A800 VFDs have Conformal Coated boards as standard.
If you would like a brochure emailing over or require a quotation, get in touch !