Have you ever thought about the effects of using just standard cabling for your VSD applications?
Cables are often an afterthought in the planning process but represent actually a very important component in the whole application.
Variable Frequency Drive applications can cause unique electrical issues that are unlike other standard power transmissions in machine applications. There are higher demands on the cable connecting the motor to the drive. Standard multi-conductor cables rated for 500V will most likely not meet the requirements of VSD applications and can cause operating malfunctions and early failures.
Advantages of Lutze Drive Cables
- Cable is 10-15% lighter than other products – this helps with cable installation.
- Smaller bend radius means the cable is easier to route and terminate.
- Low capacitance of the cable aids compliance with EN 50598 as cable losses are reduced.
- Low capacitance, concentric earth system and effective shielding allows longer
cable runs in drive applications.
- Voltages withstand gives protection against transients produced by VSDs
- Low screen DC resistance affording protection agianst AC harmonics.
So for any of your VSD applications, look no further than Lutze, the cable specialists who can offer you the correct cables for the right applications! For further information please click here…